If it is more appropriate for you to give of your time, there are many ways you can help in our community. Most of our nonprofits have a need for volunteers throughout the year. You can discover more about those opportunities, below, through Volunteer Connect.
Douglas County Community Foundation also utilizes volunteers through board service, participation on our community council and acting as trusted and skilled resources on various committees such as grantmaking, finance and investment, and communications.
DCCF Community Council
The Community Council is a trusted group of community volunteers who serve as influencers, friends and associates to provide strategic support and advice for the leadership of DCCF. Council members are recognized leaders in the community at work, and within their field, who represent a broad cross-section of Douglas County.
BENEFIT TO COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Access to other community leaders
- Affiliation with the Foundation board of directors and staff
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on the success of the Foundation and in their community
BENEFIT TO THE FOUNDATION:
- Identification and recruitment of community leaders and influencers
- Enhanced community identity of the Foundation and the issues of philanthropy and achieving a broad-based support for the Foundation
- As a trusted advisor, Council members do not have any required direct financial, governance or management authority or responsibility for the Foundation.
- Provide relevant, constructive counsel in their area of expertise, and in their geographical area of the County to identify strategic business, education and growth opportunities, while identifying and circumventing barriers that may exist.
- Assist Foundation leadership in networking to enhance and deepen relationships within the Douglas County communities.
- Attend a minimum of two, two-hour meetings per year, held quarterly.
Volunteer Connect Douglas County is an online community resource that connects volunteers with organizations. The online resource easily matches individuals, families, and groups with volunteer opportunities that align with their skills, talents and interests. Volunteers of all ages can locate one-time, short-term and long-term opportunities throughout Douglas County, Colorado. New opportunities are posted daily as they become available and new organizations are joining all the time. Register with a click of a button!